Ruin and Rising


Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)

Author: Leigh Bardugo
Series: The Grisha #3
Publication: June 17, 2014
Source: Purchased
Summary from Goodreads: The capital has fallen.The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.
Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.
Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.
Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for.



Rating: êêêêê

Review
This about sums it up: 

OK, so I guess I should actually write a review.

This book took me by surprise. The layers and details that were beginning to weave together in book 2, combine beautifully. This book kept me on my toes; just when I thought I knew the direction that the book was heading, there would be a twist, and then it would happen again. The writing was excellent and the plot moved at an exceptional pace. The action was intense. I loved the ending, it was heart wrenching and crushed me at first, but as I continued to read and finished the epilogue, a feeling of rightness settled over me. The series feels complete and left me satisfied.

1 comment:

  1. I love that feeling of complete contentment after reading a series. This is definitely a series I plan on reading. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Emily.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs