Best Books I've Read in 2014







Today's topic is: Best Books I’ve Read in 2014 



Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas: This is the book I was anticipating the most in 2014. I literally could not wait to get my hands on it. Sarah J Maas did not let me down, this was a powerful, emotional, and phenomenal book. Read my 5 Star Review here.


Stolen Songbird by Danielle Jensen: This book is one of a kind. Great writing, solid characters, and fantastic world building. This is a book that will suck you in. Read my 5 Star Review here.


Pawn by Aimee Carter: I won this book in a giveaway and didn't really know what to expect. It was unique and intense. Read my 5 Star Review here.


Cinder by Marissa Meyer: Excellent world building, great pacing, un-put-downable. I loved the characters. This is one of those books I read is 24 hours, read my 5 Star Review here.


Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: Fun new characters with an interesting new twist on fairy tale retellings. Leaves you wanting more. Read my 4 Star Review here.


Cress by Marissa Meyer: The best in the series! I think I love the fairy tale retelling in this one the best, everything ties together so nicely. The character development was perfect. The plot moved quickly. Read my 5 Star Review here.


The Shadow Throne by Jennifer Nielsen: An action packed book with a likeable motley crew of characters. Great ending to a series. Read my 5 Star Review here.


Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein: A captivating story about friendship. It's the type of book that you really should read a second time. Read my 4 Star Review here.


The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: I loved the main character. The story was interesting and complex. Read my 4 Star Review here.


Defy by Sara B Larson: Lots of action and secret schemes, good characters and I loved the fact that the main character was a female fighter. Read my 4 Star Review here.



5 comments:

  1. Not the genre I read, but I love the covers.

    Merry Christmas.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heir of Fire is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!! *flails*

    I am ashamed to say that I have yet to read Cinder... *runs and hides behind couch!* I'll read it... Soon. ...hopefully.

    Code Name Verity NEEDS to be read. I don't know when, but I'll read that too.

    Great post!
    ~Fari @ My Little Corner For Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely read Cinder and Code Name Verity!! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Gah I still have to start on the Throne of Glass series, BUT YAY FOR CRESS and CODE NAME VERITY :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs