Six of Crows


Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

Author: Leigh Bardugo
Series: Six of Crows #1
Publication Date: September 29, 2015
Source: Purchased
Amazon | B&N | Book Depository
Summary from Goodreads: Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.
Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.





Let me be completely honest, I was hesitant to pick this book up. I really enjoyed The Grisha Series and I wasn't sure how a spin off series would do. But, my fellow bloggers were RAVING about it and when I heard Leigh Bardugo speak about the book, I knew I had to give it a chance.

The book started out a bit slow for me, but then before I even realized it, I was completely swept into the story. Bardugo does an excellent job setting the stage, while I recommend reading The Grisha Series, this series could stand on its own. 

I loved the crew of six main characters. Each character is totally unique and has an interesting history, I was really impressed by how well developed they were. I also loved how bits of their character were revealed at various times in the story, it felt really natural.

As I already said, the book started out a bit slow, but once it picks up, it really takes off. The journey was adventurous and filled with some unexpected twists that really kept me on the edge of my seat. 

Overall, the story is a bit dark, but it was really really good. The ending left me dying for the next book.


6 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! I actually already read it twice haha! I did so though because I adoooore The Grisha Trilogy and didn't quite fall head over heels for this one when I first read it. I just wasn't sure what to expect! I do love it, though! It's very different and yet totally relates and fits in the universe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad i'm not the only one who had the urge to read it twice!!

      Delete
  2. I've been hesitant as well, just because of how big the book is, but I think you have finally convinced me to at least read it next month! ALSO I HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GRISHA SERIES YET :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?! you MUST read these books!

      Delete
  3. I've just started this one and can't wait to really get into it, I really hope I end up loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it takes a few chapters to get into it, I hope you LOVE it!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs