Top Ten Tuesday #10 (5/27/2014)


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish, and this weeks Top Ten is a freebie (pick your own topic)Top Ten Books I'm Glad Were Recommended to Me 


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling (recommended by a teacher in elementary school)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

Ender's Shadow by Orsen Scott Card (recommended by my sister)
Ender's Shadow (Ender's Shadow, #1)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (recommended by my students)
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (recommended by Val @ Innocent Smiley Reviews)
Code Name Verity

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (recommended by a friend)
The Fault in Our Stars

Cinder by Melissa Meyer (recommended by pretty much everyone who has a YA book blog)
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (recommended by a friend)
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (recommended by my cousin)
The Night Circus

Living Backwards by Tracey Sweeney (recommended by a friend)
Living Backwards




8 comments:

  1. those are all great books. I love when books come recommended. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I experienced pretty much the same thing with Cinder. It seemed like I was the only one with a book blog that hadn't read it - so out of defense I picked it up. While I didn't love it, I like it enough that I am currently reading Scarlet. It's always great when recommended books turn out to be awesome and something you probably never would have found otherwise.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Cinder and was really happy that I picked it up... honestly I think Cress was my favorite in the series, so don't give up on it!

      Delete
  3. Great books and a wonderful list topic!
    "Cinder by Melissa Meyer (recommended by pretty much everyone who has a YA book blog)" LOVE THIS! lol. I am a HUGE lover of The Lunar Chronicles series!
    I still haven't read The Fault in Our Stars, I really need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great topic! Harry Potter was not recommended to me as much as I was threatened by a friend to read it.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great topic. HP was one I was bought when it first came out as a present from my nan, I LOVE HER FOR THAT!!! I love her for other reasons too but I definitely adore her for that. Hunger Games, TFIOS and Cinder are all books I have loved too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living Backwards is the only new one to me, I will have to check it out!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all awesome! Most of these were also recommended to me as well (except Harry Potter because I might've read that on my own, or it was just that everyone knew about it).

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs