Top Ten Tuesday #9 (5/20/2014)


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish, and this weeks Top Ten is: Top Ten Books about Friendship

The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
Harry, Ron, and Hermione - umm hello definition of BEST FRIENDS FOREVER (and let's be honest if I can add Harry Potter to a list, I'm going to do it!)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow by Orsen Scott Card
Ender forms friendships despite his situation in battle school. I love the relationship between Ender and Bean, which you really learn about in Ender's Shadow.
Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet, #1)  Ender's Shadow (Ender's Shadow, #1) 



The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Katniss and Rue - making friends in unlikely situations.
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) 

The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A Neilsen
I don't want to give things away but the friendship that develops over these books is really powerful.
The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)

The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris
Sookie is the definition of a good friend, she is seriously willing to go to bat for the people (or vampires or shifters) that she cares about.
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
This is another book about an unlikely friendship.
The Help

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
I know this one seems like a stretch but I really think there are some important lessons about the power of friendship and the effects it can have.
Thirteen Reasons Why

Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
Annemarie and Ellen, friends who become sisters and stand up for what is right.
Number the Stars

Living Backwards by Tracey Sweeney
Friendship that stands the test of time.
Living Backwards

6 comments:

  1. I thought about putting 13 Reasons Why on my list this week too for the same reason. Even though it wasn't about a friendship... it was about how important friendship is. And how being there for someone can make all the difference. But yeah I love that you put it on your list :) I also have HP on my list... but I think everyone does this week!!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. HARRY POTTER.

    I also loved the relationship between Ender and Bean. I haven't read Ender's Shadow, though, maybe I'll give it a try.

    Nice picks Emily! Have you read Code Name Verity yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked Ender's Game, read Ender's Shadow - it's not a retelling from a different perspective, it's Bean's story and there are only a few scenes that are the same. But it gives you a different side of their relationship.

      No I haven't read Code Name Verity, I am checking it out literally right now, and I just added it to my To Be Read List! Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  3. I also have the Harry Potter series on my list. I agree, Sookie is a great friend! And I agree with Thirteen Reasons Why. Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. HP and Enders Game both made my list too. I forgot about Number the Stars! That was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. Great list! :D My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ender's Game is one I didn't think of, but between his sister and school friends, that is totally a great addition to your list!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs